GR-KURUMI is the second line of Gadget Renesas reference boards. The board incorporates the RL78/G13, Renesas 16-bit low-power consumption MCU. Compatible with Arduino Pro Mini, this new board can use existing sample codes, ensuring easy use with Arduino language and standard libraries from both hardware and software aspects.
The following special features, unavailable in Arduino Pro Mini, are perfect for designing small and low-power gadgets.
- Runs on a single-battery. Incorporates a voltage booster from 0.9V to 3.3 (or 5V).
- Includes a real-time clock with alarm function, facilitating a high-precision real-time counter (RTC).
- Low-power mode: Arduino-like library allows easy setup of the RL78 standby mode (STOP/SNOOZE).
- KURUMI's LED hair accessories: unique KURUMI features are illustrated in LEDs with glowing full-color hair accessories.
- Renesas 16-bit RL78/G13 Group MCU (R5F100GJAFB)
(RX63N Group Specifications here）
|Microcontroller||RL78/G13 (R5F100GJAF B 48pin QFP)|
|Frequency||32MHz (internal XO)|
|Operating Voltage||2.7V to 5.5V (Note)|
Note: MCU operates from 1.6V. To ensure Pro Mini compatibility, the board offers a minimum 2.7V operation.
Related Web Site
Schematic / Design
Bill of Material
Reference design for Designspark PCB
How to program
My First KURUMI
Project file for e2studio
Project file for sketching in Eclpse-based development environment e2studio. For downloading and installing e2studio please refer to the product page.
Click to download. Import the archive file (zip) as an existing workspace from the menu 'File' -> 'Import' in e2studio.