GR-LYCHEE is an IoT prototyping board with camera and wireless(Wi-Fi, BLE). And GR-LYCHEE is the GR reference board for RZ family RZ/A1LU group products. Pin-compatible with Arduino UNO and ARM® mbed™ enabled development platform. You can also sketch like Arduino with Renesas Web Compiler and IDE for GR.
Features of GR-LYCHEE are as follows.
- Enable to get an image of VGA (640 x 480) with attached camera. When transferring with USB CDC, transfer rate of 60 fps can be realized.
- OpenCV V3.2 is applied and various SDKs are provided. You can enjoy computer vision right away.
- Equipped with ESP32. Cloud connection with Wi-Fi, smartphone communication with BLE possible.
- Equipped with 4-pole audio jack. Audio input / output is possible.
- SD card can be inserted. Flash Air is also OK.
- mbed™ easy programming. If you copy it to storage, you can run it.
- Optional USB A connector can be equipped. Can be used for connection of USB memory etc.
Demonstration movie running OpenCV Canny function (edge detection) with GR-LYCHEE.
- Equipped with ARM Cortex-A RZ/A1LU (R7S721030VCFP)
Various Arduino shields can be mounted, but 3.3V I/F.
Camera is attached as standard.Arduino shield
connector, USB host interface connector is not
mounted, parts are attached in -FULL version.
- GR-LYCHEE(Back side)
- On the back side are a camera interface,
an SD socket and general-purpose LCD
expansion connector is mounted.
|Micro processor||RZ/A1LU (R7S721030VCFP 176pin QFP)|
|ROM/RAM||External FLASH 8MB/internal 3MB|
|Camera||Shikino High-Tech KBCR-M04VG-HPB2033
VGA 640x480, up to 60fps
Horizontal angle 98 degree, vertical angle 75 degree
|Board Function||Camera interface (camera module included)
ESP32 wireless module (Wi-Fi, BLE)
USB peripheral(micro B connector)
USB host (option)
4 pole audio input / output jack
User button switch(2 pcs)
Reset button switch
Connector for Arduino shield(option)
LED for user(4 pcs)
GR-LYCHEE mbed platform site
Related Web Site
Schematic / Design
Sketch Reference (like Arduino Sketch)
How to program
Renesas Web compiler(sketch like Arduino style on online)
IDE for GR(sketch like Arduino style offline)
Project file for e2studio
Project file for sketching in Eclipse based development environment e2studio. For downloading and installing e2studio please refer to the product page.
You can import as archive file (zip) as existing workspace from e2studio menu "File" -> "Import".
Do the menu "Project" -> "Update all dependencies" at the initial build. Only sources changed since the next build will be compiled.
Project with OpenCV
DisplayApp is an application that displays the camera image sent by USB CDC.
Installing the USB driver is required on versions earlier than Windows 10.
Below is an Arduino-like sketch example.